Looking to start an eCommerce store? The software platform you choose can be the difference between success and failure, so it’s important to know what you want before you start looking at options. A content management system (CMS) is software that allows numerous users to contribute, generate, edit, manage, and distribute web content without having to rely on a developer. It also includes version control and an authoring methodology to keep huge, global websites consistent. If you break down a cms system in the same way, you'll see two key features that aid in the creation of your website.
The content control application (CMA) enables marketers, merchandisers, and other content providers to work with content at the same time without involving the IT department.
Because we are an acronym-obsessed company, Web Content Management (WCM) is yet another term for CMS.
A CMS Solution's Must-Have Features
Easy to Use.
Extensibility or Scalability.
Troubleshooting & Innovation.
Some of the popular Content Management Systems
WordPress is a free open-source content management system (CMS) that is ideal for producing blogs, small company websites, and corporate websites. The WordPress directory contains a large number of free WordPress plugins and themes. It is a content management system that is easier to use than other free CMS software. Because there are numerous free materials available on the internet, anyone can easily learn WordPress. It uses PHP and MySQL to provide you with the tools you need to build a feature-rich website or blog with written material, videos, photos, and more. WordPress is among your good alternatives if you're searching for something simple to establish. This is a fantastic option for both new and seasoned users.
Shopify is a robust e-commerce platform with a myriad of features. The Shopify platform is being used by over 800,000 global businesses, according to Ecommerce research. Let's look at some more statistics of this nature:
Shopify was claimed to be used by over 1,700,000 enterprises in around 175 countries as of May 2021.
Shopify is a one-stop-shop and a DIY tool for all things eCommerce. Small businesses may use a single dashboard to set up their digital stores, maintain their products, and manage all orders. Shopify's free connectivity with eBay and Amazon without any need for proprietary coding is a significant benefit. Store owners can effortlessly attract good customers and boost sales.
Some of its best features include :
- With the templates' straightforward settings, you can easily modify your storefront.
- Enable mobile shopping cart by gaining full access to your website's HTML and CSS.
- Make use of your domain.
- A full-featured cms system is available to you.
- To handle your business on the go, download the Shopify app.
- With only one click, you may fulfill several orders.
- Gift cards, discounts, and social media integration can all be enabled.
- Importing and exporting products is achieved with CSV files.
- Provide several attractive, professional, and mobile-friendly themes.
- Provide consumers with a variety of apps that cover a wide range of topics, such as marketing, bookkeeping, inventory management, shipping, and more.
Lucent Innovation provides applications that are helpful and efficient for the merchants. For example, we have an application that helps merchants earn some revenue while providing shipping insurance to the customers.
Here is the link for download: Simply Insurance | Protection - Cart Upsell | Insurance | Protection | Additional Revenue | Shopify App Store
Shopify is an excellent choice for anyone looking to establish a drop shipping or small business. Shopify is a location where you can design a well-functioning website of your own without problems, even if you're new to website building or a start-up with merely a company idea.
Magento is a robust online eCommerce platform from Adobe, the world's largest software firm. Magento Open Source is a free version that you may download on your website hosting account. Cloud hosting and premium support are included in the subscription edition. For large enterprises with several brands or sites, this solution gives you instant access to each of Magento's features, including multi-store possibilities. The pricing also includes full Big Commerce integration, allowing it to work in tandem with your website. Magento may be the correct fit for you if you want an all-in-one system that doesn't require any additional coding or technical skills. It controls more than 80% of the online retail market—and it's rapidly expanding!
Squarespace is the platform for you if you want to eliminate the guessing. Squarespace is a cloud-based website builder with beautiful themes for creating professional-looking websites, including blogs. In essence, a Squarespace blog could be set up in a matter of minutes.
There's no need to look for plugins or suitable layouts elsewhere because Squarespace has everything you need. It also comes with a fantastic visual editor that allows you to change your website by simply clicking on specific page parts.
Squarespace's blog and media handling aren't particularly robust, thus it's not perfect for publishing hundreds of blog articles. The correct CMS system is an important piece of the puzzle for any business.
Content Management Software's Advantages
- Make modifications to your website easier. You can make appearance and information updates to your website without affecting its operation with CMS. To maintain consistency, you can also populate updates across the entire website at once.
- As your company grows, you can expand its online offerings. You don't have to start again from scratch because CMS allows you to add additional content, pages, and capabilities to your websites in a cost-effective method as your business expands.
- Your website can be accessed from any place or device. CMS allows your staff to work remotely by allowing them to make changes to the content from any platform, even when they're on the go.
- The ease with which it can be used. Your IT company should concentrate on some other concerns because users don't have to deal with coding while using CMS. Most CMSs provide ready-to-use templates, themes, and modules that make creating and publishing content a breeze.
- Workflow has been simplified. With CMS, all members of a team have accessibility to the sections of a website they need to operate on, but user restrictions maintain some sections, such as the programming themselves, off-limits to all but specialists.
Finally, we want to emphasize that these predictions aren’t set in stone; they represent our current opinions and could change as new technologies emerge and trends evolve. But if you need help choosing a CMS today, consider consulting the list above.
Lucent Innovation aspires to be on the front edge of technology advancements, incorporating them into our working culture and providing greater commercial results.
We're a complete digital agency with a strong focus on e-commerce. We are Shopify plus experts and following are our Clutch reviews by various clients.
For our customers, we create one-of-a-kind apps that increase efficiency, growth, and profitability. We also work with e-commerce platforms that are eager to sell, grow, and expand.
Get in touch with us for your next project!