It is the backbone of web development along with HTML and CSS.
- HTML constitutes the structure of the page right from headers, text content or any images. It establishes the content of the page.
- CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) will modulate how the page will look, which means the aesthetics. (It is used to add/change background colours, customize the fonts, etc.)
Why so vital?
- It opens up a lot of avenues once you know it as it is now used in developing games, desktop applications development and also mobile applications development.
- It empowers your browser and also makes them interactive.
It is utilized in various fields and here are some of them:
2. Web Applications
3. Mobile Applications
It is not only used for developing web-based applications but also for smartphones and tablets. React Native helps you build animated full-fledged mobile applications.
5.Server based applications
Node or application framework. JS lets you create robust servers, many of which were previously created using the MEAN stack.
Digital art projects can be made by one of the latest features of HTML5 specification that helps the browser to create three-dimensional spaces.
8. Robots that can Fly
So let us look at some of the features to understand more about the language. There may be some old and some updated features of the language.
1. It is a Prototype-based language
2. It is a lightweight scripting language
It has a limited set of libraries and is lightweight as it is made for handling data at the browser only. It is a great feature as it is only meant for the execution from the client-side for web applications.
3. It supports Dynamic typing
Here the variable type is decided by its value after the code runs the code at the interpreter. It means that if the value is an integer the variable will be an integer, and if the value is in strings the variable type will also be in strings. You can change the variable type later when a different type of data value type is assigned to it. For example
var a = 10; // int
var b = 'test'; // string
4. Functional approach
5. It is platform-independent
6. Reduce processing time
7. Validations from the Client-side
8. Provides ample control in the browser
It also has a lot of other features like
- Detecting the type of browsers, OS version names etc. information from the client for analysis.
- Extensive library.
- Support of inbuilt functions to operate on generally used complex data types like array, Maps, List, etc.
Lucent Innovation tries to keep itself updated with the latest and advanced technology trends incorporating them into our work culture and better business results.
Contact us for your next project!