Table of content:
Guide to Setting up Facebook Business Manager
Create your Facebook Ads Manager account
Start creating ads
Select your objective
Choosing your audience
Set your budget
Choose your advertisement placement
In this article you will learn how to advertise on Facebook by following our step-by-step procedures. Facebook advertisements can be created through Business Manager or through Ads Manager. In this article we will cover creating advertisements through Ads Manager. To learn how to set up Facebook Business Manager, please read our article, A Guide to Setting up Facebook Business Manager.
Step 1: Create your Facebook Ads Manager account
To create an Ad manager account you need a Facebook Business page.
- First go to the Ads Manager page.
- Click the button that says "Go to Ads Manager."
- Confirm your information on the ad account setup page.
- Set up your payment method.
- Save changes
Step 2: Start creating ads
After you have created your Ads manager account you will see a performance dashboard where your campaigns and ads will be listed including your results from your Facebook ads. To create a new ad or campaign click on the green “create” button on the top left.
Step 3: Select your objective
Facebook Ad manager prompts you to choose an objective for your campaign. It offers 11 objectives to choose from as follows:
- Brand awareness: If you want to introduce your brand to a new audience.
- Reach: Expose your ad to as many people in your audience as possible.
- Traffic: Drive traffic
- Engagement: Reach a wide audience to increase the number of post engagements or Page Likes, increase attendance at your event, or encourage people to claim a special offer.
- App installs: Get people to install your app.
- Video views: Get more people to watch your videos.
- Lead generation: Get new prospects into your sales funnel.
- Messages: Encourage people to contact your business using Facebook Messenger.
- Conversions: Get people to take a specific action on your website, with your app, or in Facebook Messenger.
- Catalog sales: Connect your Facebook ads to your product catalog to show people ads for the products they are most likely to want to buy.
- Store traffic: Drive nearby customers to bricks-and-mortar stores.
Step 4: Choosing your audience
Choosing your correct target audience is of utmost importance. To learn how to do so, please check your detailed article on that.
Step 5: Set your budget
You can set either a daily budget or lifetime budget.
Daily budget- Choose this option if you want to run your ad all throughout the day.
Lifetime budget- If you want to run your ad for a specified length of time select lifetime budget. If you choose advanced option, you get the following image:
- Schedule- You can choose the start date and end date for your campaigns.
- Optimization & Pricing- It can let you choose whether or not you want to bid for your objective, clicks, or impressions.
- Delivery- Delivery can be standard or accelerated. Standard delivery shows your ads throughout the day, while accelerated delivery helps you reach an audience quickly for time-sensitive ads
Step 6: Creating your ad
The type of ad you want to create depends upon your objective as discussed in Step 3. There are 2 ways to create an ad; using an existing post or creating a new ad. Please see our settled article on how to create your ad.
Step 7: Choose your advertisement placement
Ad placement is where your ad will appear. Advertisements can appear in Facebook’s mobile News Feed, desktop News Feed and right column. You may also create ads to appear on Instagram.
That’s all. Now you have successfully created your first facebook advertisement! Even beginners without prior digital marketing experience can easily set up Facebook advertisements and watch your sales grow.
Read our other articles in our Series on Facebook Advertising:
- 4 Reasons to Advertise on Facebook
- Choosing the Right Type of Facebook Ads
- 7 Quick Steps to Setting up Your Facebook Business Page
Lucent Innovation is a full-service Shopify web design and development company. We build ecommerce websites that are ready to sell, scale, and grow.
Contact us for your next project: